MYOB First Accounts software has been discontinued for quite some time, and is officially not supported anymore by the software publisher. The last version issued is MYOB First Accounts v3.5.
What can you do if you are still using MYOB First Accounts? You have 2 choices
- Continue using it, if there are no problems.
- Upgrade to latest version of MYOB Accounting
What are some of the problems you might face if you are still using MYOB First Accounts?
1. MYOB FirstAccounts licensing requirement requires user to request for a site key before you can use it. The publisher no longer issues site key, and as such you will not be able to use the MYOB software when you need to format or upgrade your PC.
2. Older versions of MYOB software such as MYOB First Accounts may not be compatible with the latest operating system, such as Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7. If you continue using an older-designed software on a newer operating system, you might encounter problems which the publisher did not provide for then.
Upgrade path for MYOB First Accounts user
Upgrading your MYOB First Accounts to MYOB Accounting or MYOB Premier is a smooth and painless process. As your MYOB professional partner, we are equipped to migrate your data to the newer versions. It requires a 'step-up' process of data migration, but it is something that we can do for you.
Three compelling reasons why you should upgrade your MYOB software
The latest version of MYOB Accounting and MYOB Premier allows you to
- preview all your forms (Invoice, DO, PO, Payment Voucher and Official Receipts) before printing. You save on printing costs.
- make changes to some details (cheque number, cheque date, journal memo) in the recorded payments for customer and supplier, which previously had to be deleted and redone.
- improved search functions to make navigation easier
for a detailed listing of features added in MYOB Accounting, read MYOB Accounting - features added since version 11